[Abcde-users] tagging

l0f4r0 at tuta.io l0f4r0 at tuta.io
Tue Dec 13 11:38:45 GMT 2022

Hello,

13 déc. 2022, 08:14 de jerry at jvkooten.info:

> Can I set to use ID3v2.4.0?
> Can I set text encoding to UTF8?

You should have a check at ~/abcde.conf (or create it if it doesn't exist).
Especially on these lines:

# mp3 tagging:
# There are three ways to tag MP3 files:
#   1. id3v1 (with id3)
#   2. id3v2.3 (with id3v2)
#   3. id3v2.4 (with eyeD3) This is the default
# Use ID3TAGV to select one of the older formats:
#ID3TAGV=id3v2.4
#ID3OPTS=
#ID3V2OPTS=
#EYED3OPTS="--set-encoding=utf16-LE"

> Mostly I was wondering whether I can have more control over the tags.

Personnally, I control/edit all my music tags with a graphical & dedicated app afterwards (easyTAG but there are others like Picard...) to be sure everything is consistent inside my collection.
> I don't use or like the total number of tracks in the tags, for example. Can I disable that?

I haven't noticed such an option...

l0f4r0