[Abcde-users] need help with a gap of silence in a flac encoded file near the beginning of a piece

Michael Hui mmyhui at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 23:45:08 BST 2023

This gap of silence only occurs on the first cut of a specific CD, very
close to the start. Other CDs don't do that on the first or any other cut.
This problematic first cut where the gap occurs features only the cellos
playing in unison, which I doubt is challenging for the encoding algorithm.

I have tried to pass the quality flag to the encoder, but I don't know
where to find the docs for the encoder since I don't know which encoder is
being used. I thought it might be ffmpeg but I am not sure at all.

Maybe the album artwork embedding process has messed it up? I can upload
the wav and flac files for that first cut to Google Drive if there is
interest in debugging it that way.

Log attached.

Command I used to run:

abcde -o flac:"-q 0",wav -p -V -j 7 -B -k 1-2 |& tee abcde.log

Version query:

This is abcde v2.9.4-DEV.

Thanks for your help.
--