[Macchiato] Current UEFI firmware stack?

Marcin Wojtas mw at semihalf.com
Tue Apr 2 16:32:32 BST 2019

Hi Steve, Jeremy,

wt., 2 kwi 2019 o 17:28 Steve McIntyre <steve at einval.com> napisaƂ(a):

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 10:17:48AM -0500, Jeremy Linton wrote:
> >
> >Just as a FYI, it would be really helpful if a basic/tested UEFI binary were
> >provided in the software download section. I've gotten a number of questions
> >from assorted people on how to get a functional UEFI+distro working. Pointing
> >people at the build instructions hasn't always gone over well.
>
> +1. It would be much easier to recommend the platform that way.

Right. Exactly for that purpose I uploaded such binary (from internal
Marvell tree) in fall 2018:
https://github.com/MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/edk2-open-platform/wiki/files/flash-image-18.09.4.bin
You can try - I was able to use debian and centos with it easily,
having ACPI PCIE support.

I prefer to use mainline branches though and plan to upload it when
the last missing parts land (i.e. pcie, smbios and minor fixes, so
really small gap), which I _hope_ to happen soon. I will keep you
updated.

Best regards,
Marcin