[Macchiato] Fwd: crypto: inside_secure - call for volunteers

Ard Biesheuvel ard.biesheuvel at linaro.org
Tue Apr 30 14:12:08 BST 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Pascal Van Leeuwen <pvanleeuwen at insidesecure.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 15:08
Subject: crypto: inside_secure - call for volunteers
To: linux-crypto at vger.kernel.org <linux-crypto at vger.kernel.org>,
antoine.tenart at bootlin.com <antoine.tenart at bootlin.com>, Herbert Xu
<herbert at gondor.apana.org.au>, David S. Miller <davem at davemloft.net>

Hi all,

Over the past weeks I have been working on the crypto driver for Inside Secure
(EIP97/EIP197) hardware. This started out as a personal side project to be able
to do some architectural exploration using real application software, but as I
started fixing issues I realised these fixes may be generally useful. So I guess
I might want to try upstreaming those.

My problem, however, is that I do not have access to any of the original Marvell
hardware that this driver was developed for, I can only test things on my PCI-E
based FPGA development board with much newer, differently configured hardware in
an x86 PC. So I'm looking for volunteers that actually do have this Marvell HW
at their disposal - Marvell Armada 7K or 8K e.g. Macchiatobin (Riku? You wanted
a driver that did not need to load firmware, this your chance to help out! :-),
Marvell Armada  3700 e.g. Espressobin and Marvell Armada 39x to be exact - and
are willing to help me out with some testing.

Things that I worked on so far:
- all registered ciphersuites now pass the testmgr compliance tests
- fixed stability issues
- removed dependency on external firmware images
- added support for non-Marvell configurations of the EIP97 & EIP197
- added support for the latest HW & FW revisions (3.1) and features
- added support for the Xilinx FPGA development board we're using for our
  internal development and for which we also provide images to our customers

Once I manage to get this upstreamed, I plan on working on improving performance
and adding support for additional algorithms our hardware supports.

Anyone out there willing to contribute?

Regards,
Pascal van Leeuwen
Silicon IP Architect, Multi-Protocol Engines @ Inside Secure