[Abcde-users] 2.9.1 minor error

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Tue Apr 17 13:28:54 BST 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 02:25:32PM -0700, John Straw wrote:
>Matthias König wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 18:03:05 -0600
>> "Alan W. Kerr" <awkerr at aoc.nrao.edu> wrote:
>>
>> > found one more minor error...
>> > and, apparently, one that no one has "cared about"... yet.
>> >
>> > at line 3502 is:
>> >
>> > 		FIRSTTRACK=$2
>> > 		LASTTRACK=$(expr $3 + 0)
>> > 		UTRACKNUM=$FIRSTTRACK
>> >
>> > line 3502 should be changed to:
>> > FIRSTTRACK=$(expr $2 + 0)
>> >
>> > This will only be important if ripping a "range of tracks" and that
>> > range *starts* with track 8 or 9 (ie tracks 9-12) because then the
>
>This also happens for me when using the "-W" switch to prepend disc
>number to track numbers.
>
>> A="08"; A="$((10#$A))"; echo "$A"
>
>Following your suggestion, I've attached a patch which fixes the
>multi-disc case for me. I included the same change for the FIRSTTRACK
>track-range case in the original post; I haven't tested that case.

Apologies, folks - I was too easily convinced by the shellcheck
warnings and the fixes it suggested have caused havoc. :-( I wish I'd
never started down that road now.

My next plan is to back out most of those changes and get back to a
known sane state. I'll take a short while...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,