[Abcde-users] How to Contribute?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sat Mar 30 00:37:15 GMT 2024

Hi Chris!

On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 09:37:16AM -0400, Chris Ruddy wrote:

>I was able to `git clone https://git.einval.com/git/abcde.git` just
>fine, but I don't know how to create a PR, if that's allowed. In
>addition to the one-track fix I posted above, I have a number of
>improvements on my local copy:
>
>  * Display the year of each CDDB match
>  * Automatically select match 1, if there is only 1
>  * Always edit the match
>  * Use `open` instead of `display` on macOS to preview album art

We don't have PRs here with simple gitweb-based hosting I'm
afraid. For each of those, please file an issue and attach a patch. Or
mail here with the output of "git format-patch" and I'll take a look.

>Unfortunately, most of the letters are taken for option flags.
>
>I'm also working on a "box set" OUTPUTFORMAT, and might tackle
>displaying all album art options and letting you pick one.

Cool. :-)

>abcde is a great piece of software that has saved me a lot of time
>ripping my CDs. I'd be happy to give some of that time back.

Awesome!

I'm hoping to find some time to roll up a lot of bug fixes and do a
new release soon.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."